The main reasons why you will be required by law to have a statutory audit are:
- You are required by your professional or trade organisation to have your accounts audited;
- Your shareholders do not agree to opting out of the audit.
We can advise you if you need an audit and if not, you can save on accountancy fees! However, we aim to deliver hassle free audits and there are good reasons for having an audit even if you are not required by law to have one:
- An audit involves a detailed review of the company’s accounting systems and systems of control and also requires a detailed understanding of the company’s business.
- Such a review and knowledge can provide increased opportunities to provide proactive business advice on many matters;
- An unqualified audit report can improve the status of the accounts in the eyes of banks and commercial lenders, the Taxman and suppliers who may be seeking credit references, etc;
- A history of accounts with clean audit reports can also be a factor if you ever wish to sell the company or, perhaps, take it to the market;
Please contact us if you need further advice, have any questions about our services, would like a free consultation or a fixed fee quote.